If you are planning to visit the United States for your vacation this year, Alabama would be a really great choice for the destination. Alabama is a southern state celebrated for its rich cultural mix and the great history. The state was colonized in the 18th century even before the Europeans reached the states. It is known to be the largest cotton producing state in the U.S. The state offers amazing man made infrastructure on one hand and on the other offers the surreal beauty of the nature. The rich history of the town makes treasures it with many monuments and establishments that mark the development of the state. While in the town you must visit the main attractions of the town. Here are the top 10 places to visit in Alabama:
- Birmingham zoo: This zoo is the central Attractions In Alabama of the state. Spread over 122 acres, the zoo offers a home to 800 animals from every corner of the world. It contains 50 different types of exhibits which are open to visitors throughout the year. Apart from the animals the zoo also offers you educational classes about the animals and also an exciting summer Zoofari camps for children to enjoy.
- Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail: Marking the mesmerizing natural beauty of the state the Robert Trent Jones Golf trail is different than the other golf courses. This is because it capacitates the best championship level courses of Alabama which are considered the best for by the golfers. It has some 468 hole spread in 11 sites.
- Cheaha State Park: For those who admire the beauty of the greens the Cheaha state park is a must visit place. It offers you exciting opportunity for hiking, biking, camping and overlooking the scenic beauty. There are total 73 campsites fully equipped with all the basic necessities.
- U.S. Space and Rocket center: The land that gave birth to the space program of America is also the great Alabama. The U.S. Space Center of Alabama was the final place where the Apollo rocket was set and refined. The center has witnessed 16 million people visiting it since the great day of rocket setting.
- USS Alabama Battleship memorial Park: The 680 feet tall battleship can be a great site for the ships lovers. The battleship is docked along the waterfront and is known to be a floating museum. The ship is so enormous that it takes around 2 hours to complete a round of the battleship.
- Gulf Shores: The Alabama city is also famous for its amazing oil filled shores. The town is breathtakingly beautiful and offers the visitors the powder sand beaches, deep sea fishing, sports fishing, boating cruises, boating cruises, etc.
- Huntsville Botanical Garden: This is a beautiful garden botanical garden spread over 112 acres. It comprises of a butterfly park, an aquatic display, fern display, wildflower garden and nature center, etc.
Rich with these Places to Visit in Alabama is a perfect destination to enjoy your next vacations. Plan your visit to this awesome place and do not miss to keep these diverse tourists places in your itinerary.